Ayurvedic medicine has been gaining significant market through the years. In fact, the latest market report suggests that the global Ayurvedic market’s value will reach up to $14.9 billion by 2026. If you’re not implementing the right ayurvedic marketing tactics to promote your products and services yet, you might miss out on opportunities that could skyrocket your sales.
So how do you proceed in promoting ayurvedic medicine? What tactics do the best ayurvedic medicine practitioners and shops use to reach a larger audience?
Redefine how you promote your products today with our definitive list of ayurvedic marketing techniques below.
#1. Design a Robust Marketing Funnel
A good marketing funnel makes a crucial component of every successful campaign. It allows you to deliver content at the right time and place and to the right audience. It also helps you establish rapport and eventually build a steady number of loyal customers and brand advocates. Typically, a marketing funnel consists of five distinct phases, namely:
This stage allows you to introduce what you have to offer (ayurvedic medicine products). The awareness phase is also where you start building your relationship with your audience.
After your customers learn about you, it’s time to nurture that connection so they will consider you as an option when seeking an ayurvedic product or therapy.
Also known as the decision phase, this part of the funnel serves as the turning point of your campaign. Will they buy or pass? To convince them, make sure to explain the benefits you can provide plus how your products can make a difference in their health.
The funnel doesn’t end after you convert your audience into paying customers. Instead, it extends to the loyalty phase. This is where you nurture existing clients, so they keep coming back. You can do this by launching exclusive discounts, establishing a robust rewards system, or special giveaways.
Nothing speaks louder than word of mouth or customer referrals. Take advantage of the fact that over 92 percent of customers try brands that their loved ones or colleagues recommend. While not many businesses reach this phase, the advocacy stage offers many perks like a bustling community of raving fans and loyal customers.
#2. Make Sure You Have an Effective Website
Building a website is also critical to any ayurvedic marketing plan. It will contain everything a person might need to decide whether to purchase a product. When building a website where customers can buy, you may need to use either Woocommerce or Shopify. These two are the most popular tools for building an eCommerce site.
Currently, about 500,000 shops run on Shopify. It’s essentially a website builder dedicated to creating eCommerce sites. It features a site builder, website design templates, and several analytical tools to help you run your ayurvedic medicine business.
WooCommerce, on the other hand, is a website plugin that can convert any WordPress site into an online shop. The latest reports say that about 27.86 percent of WordPress eCommerce sites use WooCommerce.
To pick the most suitable option between the two, you can check out the key factors you should consider below:
- Ease of use of the tool
- After-sales support
- Customization options
- Scalability of the tool
- Multichannel integration
- Transaction fees and other costs
If you need help setting up your e-commerce site on either Shopify or WooCommerce we got you covered. Just go to our website design page to get started.
#3. Optimize Your Online Shop for Search
Once you launch your eCommerce website for ayurvedic products, your next priority would be working on your website SEO. You might have come across SEO or search engine optimization while researching how to do your ayurvedic marketing.
Essentially, SEO helps your website appear on the first page of search results. By implementing the right SEO tactics, you can magnify your reach as more people see your ayurvedic online shop as their option.
Some of the fundamental SEO techniques you need to boost your SERPs (search engine results page) ranking are as follows:
- Research the best keywords to use on your web pages
- Include your main target keyword on your URLs
- Add your search keyword to the page you want to optimize
- Work on the metadata of your most important web pages
- Review the site structure to avoid broken or dead links
- Test your page loading speed and remove unnecessary features that affect your site’s performance
- Produce high-quality and relevant content; otherwise, site visitors will skip to the other options on SERPS. This can affect your web page bounce rate and your SEO efforts.
#4. Drive eCommerce Traffic with Good Content
What better way to promote an ayurvedic product than creating quality content? By providing useful, relatable, and well-written content like blog posts, case studies, website content, and infographics, you can attract more people to check out your online shop.
It also allows you to establish your authority as a reliable source of information about ayurvedic medicine. When creating your online content, we recommend using the following tips:
- Make sure to consider your market demographics when creating content.
- Focus on creating shareable content because it will help you spread your message more effectively.
- Don’t forget to share news updates about ayurvedic medicine, especially those related to your market.
- Plan how you can repurpose your content on different platforms.
- When in doubt, work with a professional.
#5. Connect with People on Social Media
Social media marketing works. It works great for building your community, creating a buzz around your products, and learning more about your market. If you haven’t included it in your ayurvedic marketing yet, you might miss opportunities to reach more people.
Chances are, your target customers are among the 53 percent of the world’s population who use social media for entertainment, news consumption, communication, and even learning about the brands they love. It would be a shame not to be on a platform that your market loves to be in.
Here are some quick and simple tips to jumpstart (or enhance) your social media marketing campaign:
- Create an authentic, relevant, and relatable branding
- Optimize news-jacking opportunities (when available)
- Plan your content ahead to ensure that it meets your campaign goals
- Make sure to engage with your audience, especially when they reach out
- Use your platform to distribute content from your website
- When sharing or publishing content, be sure to keep your target audience in mind
- Don’t be afraid to tap into paid ads on social media to boost your audience reach
#6. Educate and Engage with Email Marketing
These days, not many brands recognize the need for email marketing, thinking that it doesn’t convert or a complete waste of time and resources. In truth, however, email marketing is still very much alive and relevant.
Email marketing delivers results if you do it correctly and strategically. If you’re not too convinced, here are some statistics you can check out:
- Email marketing has a larger reach than social media because emails remain the main currency of the world wide web.
- Emails get delivered to 90 percent of the people on your list, whereas social media platforms like Facebook can only deliver to up to 2 percent of your followers.
- Email marketing remains a crucial part of every small business marketing campaign because of its cost-effectiveness.
- 78 percent of mobile phone users check their emails every day.
- For every dollar spent on email marketing, you can potentially generate up to $40 ROI.
#7. Reach More with Paid Ads Campaign
Most businesses shy away from paid ads fearing that they would blow their ayurvedic marketing budget only to see zero results. Others feel pretty intimidated with the process of launching a paid ads campaign on Facebook or Google.
Certainly, these fears are quite understandable. However, we’d like to stress out that when done right, paid ads can help you amplify your current market reach. It’s effective because:
- You have full control over your campaign.
- You get to see measurable results through the analytics that come with the platforms you use.
- It allows you to reach out to specific groups of people instead of casting your net wide.
- It’s a quick and effective way to introduce your brand, especially if you’re new.
You can experiment by launching limited campaigns. Alternatively, you can hire a professional to help you set up the parameters and create the ads and landing pages.
Work with Digital Marketing Specialists in Ayurvedic Marketing
Certainly, you can use different ways to promote ayurvedic medicine today. Take advantage of the promising market outlook and begin planning how to market your ayurvedic products even before you launch them. If you already have products available, but you’re not getting the attention you deserve, use the ayurvedic marketing tips we provided above.
If you need help in navigating your way or creating an effective and scalable plan, you can also reach out to our digital marketing team. Hope and Healing Solutions is here to help you with your ayurvedic marketing needs.
Whether you’re looking to build your marketing funnel, launch or revamp your eCommerce site, tap into social media marketing or maximize your email marketing strategy, we can help! We can also assist you in creating well-researched content that will resonate with your target market.
Contact us today to learn more about our digital marketing services for ayurvedic medicine.